Discussion on Interactive Whiteboards
Patti Walker will talking to educators during the month of October about the implementation of Interactive White Boards in the classroom. As well as taking part in a National Panel discussion in Calgary, she will be talking with teachers across the country about their IWB experiences.
Discussions will include:
- the penetration and distribution of IWBs in the classrooms, schools, districts
- the efficacy of the IWB training
- teachers’ ongoing use of IWBs, post-training (identifying barriers, if any)
- the availability/quality of published content which meets curriculum expectations
- the assessment of quality of teacher-created IWB lessons
A survey will also be undertaken across Canada during the month of October to gain more insight into the effectiveness of these teaching tools.